CHRIS HOLMES, PCC, AND FOUNDER OF THE HOLMES COACHING GROUP
Chris Holmes has been coaching church leaders across many denominations since 2008, with over 1000 hours coaching laity, clergy, denominational leaders and bishops. In the United Methodist Church he leads the coaching team working with new district superintendents and directors of connectional ministry, as well as several conference leadership teams.
Chris authored, along with George Howard, the Coach Approach Skill Training (CAST) for ministry, which is an approved training program of the International Coach Federation. CAST has now trained over 1000 church leaders in the basic and advanced skills of coaching for ministry. He is author of many articles on coaching and his Amazon Best-selling book The Art of Coaching Clergy: A Handbook for Church Leaders, Clergy and Coaches was published in June 2018.
As a founding member of the Maryland Chapter of the International Coach Federation, Chris served as President from 2012-2014. Prior to coaching, he pastored churches for 26 years and served as District Superintendent of the Annapolis District in the Baltimore-Washington Conference. He is married to Margaret, and together they have three grown children. Chris is an accomplished watercolor artist.
18 hours of coaching:
- Eight monthly 90-minute group sessions designed to spark dynamic conversation around key themes in ministry.
- Six individual one-on-one coaching sessions with a trained coach, focusing on challenges and opportunities in ministry.
- Life-giving spiritual leadership
- Life-giving adaptive leadership
- Disruption as a Holy opportunity
- The importance of vision and the power of SMART goals
- Enhancing small group ministry
- Empowering lay leadership
- Fresh expressions of worship
- The coach approach to ministry
- Teaching Videos and Worksheets –monthly, around crucial ministry themes
- Peer Group Learning Sessions –eight monthly calls, 90 minutes each
- Individual Coaching Sessions -- six 50-minute calls
- Certificate of Leadership Development upon completion of the training
Schedule and Cost;
The cost for 9 months of training is $990 per participant. This investment is sometimes shared between participants and their organizations.