SHIFT HAPPENS PONDERINGS
For Pondering: On this traditional Columbus Day, I lift up these hauntingly true words, "Some day the earth will weep, she will beg for her life, she will cry with tears of blood. You will make a choice, if you will help her or let her die, and when she dies, you too...
"I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly." John 10:9
For Pondering: "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching." -Francis of Assisi
For Pondering: "The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." ~Harper Lee (Author of To Kill A Mockingbird)
For Pondering: Just because we are in uncertain times with lots of changing variables, does not mean it is wise to avoid having an action plan. It does mean we need to stay really flexible and adaptive with the plans we do make.
For Pondering: "Those who follow the crowd usually get lost in it." --Anonymous
For Pondering: To the ancient Romans, the star known as the “dog star,” Sirius, was the brightest star in the Canis Major “Large Dog” constellation during the hottest days of summer.
For Pondering: This week I am in Amsterdam visiting the Van Gogh museum. Consider this amazing quote, “I dream my painting and I paint my dream.” ― Vincent Willem van Gogh
For Pondering: “A sunflower field is like a sky with a thousand suns.”― Corina Abdulahm-Negura
For Pondering: If you have ever bowled, you know that sound that is made when an absolute strike takes down all the pins. What is the sound that is made when you score an absolute win for something you deeply believe in?
18 hours of coaching:
- Eight monthly 90-minute group sessions designed to spark dynamic conversation around key themes in ministry.
- Six individual one-on-one coaching sessions with a trained coach, focusing on challenges and opportunities in ministry.
- Life-giving spiritual leadership
- Life-giving adaptive leadership
- Disruption as a Holy opportunity
- The importance of vision and the power of SMART goals
- Enhancing small group ministry
- Empowering lay leadership
- Fresh expressions of worship
- The coach approach to ministry
- Teaching Videos and Worksheets –monthly, around crucial ministry themes
- Peer Group Learning Sessions –eight monthly calls, 90 minutes each
- Individual Coaching Sessions -- six 50-minute calls
- Certificate of Leadership Development upon completion of the training
Schedule and Cost;
The cost for 9 months of training is $990 per participant. This investment is sometimes shared between participants and their organizations.